Friday, March 4, 2016

DIVA Challenge #257 Ooh Shiny

This week's challenge at the DIVA's is by guest host, Amy Broady, a CZT from Tenneessee, and also a classmate of mine from the CZT4 seminar.  Amy challenged us to make our tangled work shine!
I took a black tile and used a Sakura copper pen to draw the tangle Fengle.  Then I decided to add more shine with some Fine Tec watercolor paint (in a silvery white) to fill in Fengle.  I am finding the tangle Molygon just fills in so nicely around other tangles, so I used the copper pen again to draw Molygon.  Then I added more shine to the Molygon shapes with Sakura Metallic gel pens in silver and pink.  Finishing it off with some silver dots. I went all out shiny for this challenge!
Thanks, Amy! 


11 comments:

  1. The "shiny" is very pretty, Sue. I love the idea of using Molygon as an aura. I will have to try that! It makes for a perfect compliment to Fengle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Sue. The Fengle works very well on the black. I, too, got out my Finetec watercolors this week for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did go all out and it works brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tile! I love the composition and those colors are so elegant. That would look great printed on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile, so well-balanced and great shiny colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, the pink and all the wonderful shiny accents bring a breath of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very shiny tile, beautifully presented too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful tile. Great shine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tile and you can really see the shine!

    ReplyDelete