Monday, April 4, 2011

Held Together By The String

I promise I won't keep talking about the accident after this post, but I did find this a little weird.  I was returning home after taking a mini-kit and the official zentangle kit down to the art studio that I am going to teach some classes at when the accident happened.  They kept the mini-kit for a table display  and the zentangle kit along with my purse were riding with me in the passenger seat.   My purse was thrown to the floor of the car and things that were in my outside purse pockets were scattered around.  The zentangle kit was ripped along the spine and was still sitting on the seat.  What amazed me, was that everything inside the kit stayed intact and was literally held together by the string! 

Of course, I have done a lot of reflecting these past couple of days and I am staying focused on the positive, because I realize that a few seconds more instead of being hit at the front tire area of my car,  it could have been the driver side door, and the injuries could have been serious. 

The zentangle kit was held together by the string, our tangles are held together by the string, and this community that Rick & Maria started is all held together by the string of blogs, websites, newsletters, tangles, etc.   I am so fortunate to be a part of this string!  

I am healing more every day (the bruises are wonderful colors now), and I want to say "Thank You" to all of you that left kind words after my last post.  It meant a lot to me. 

This week will be busy, as I try to catch up on all of your blogs, and shop for a new car!  



6 comments:

  1. Glad you're ok... and it is great to be a part of all these strings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I am glad you are OK too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are OK, and you are right about the strings, we are held together by the strings and that is a good thing. Take care and keep tangling keeps the mind going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grateful it was the car and not YOU that took the brunt of the impact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific metaphoric post there, Sue!
    Continue to heal, take it easy, relax, breathe, smile. :-)
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it wasn't you that got torn. Bet it wasn't your fault, either. People just don't know how to drive anymore. It's as easy as tangling, but I guest they wouldn't know that.

    I'm glad you're ok, Sue.

    ReplyDelete