Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Amphora

This week's challenge from the DIVA is to try out the tangle, Amphora, by Lily Moon.  I have never used this tangle before so I used it as my main tangle focus, taking up most of the tile.  I had fun with this one and added lots of variations to it.  With graphite as the new black, I added Florz on each side with my pencil.  Fun tangle, thanks Lily & Laura!

P.S. Make sure to check out Lily's work when you go to her blog.  I see it all the time on the different FB groups and it's always incredibly beautiful! 

11 comments:

  1. I agree, Lily's work is always incredible beautiful but this tile is also wonderful, I like the added Florz in combination with Amphora and the nice contrasts you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun little striped windsocks at the ends...Happy tile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The florz, in graphite just sets off your amphora nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this Sue. It's the edges that particularly appeal to me - the way you've topped off the columns and taking that penciled Florz out to the sides. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! this is stunning. Love the sense of dimension. Looks like little diamond shadows thrown against the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the contrast you achieved with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is fantastic. I too love the Florz;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily's work is indeed an inspiration! You used her tangle nicely and the Florz makes a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue... this is so beautiful. You've created such a balanced piece, composition, and perfect light dark ratio. Your eye is just happy wandering around and enjoying all the little details! The use of florz is a perfect repeat of the diagonal element in amphora. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Amphora! I love how you've tangled the space is between the Amphora swirls. Magnificent composition and shading! Creates great balance! Yes, I love Lily's artwork too!

    ReplyDelete