Thursday, September 22, 2016

DIVA Challenge #285 Relax, bro!

This week's challenge from the Diva is to do a tile for the sole purpose of relaxation.  I am usually pretty relaxed when I do my tiles, but a lot of times I find myself doing them in front of the TV, while talking with other people, while I am waiting for someone or something, etc.  Not always very zen-like.  So, I took Laura's challenge, and waited this week until I was home alone, when down into my studio, lit a candle, and played Rick's flute CD.  I didn't have wine since it was only 1:00 in the afternoon (maybe I should have waited until the evening, LOL). Besides the candlelight, I had the sunlight coming in the window, which made it possible to actually see what I was doing, and it did make it a relaxing setting.  I liked slowing down, listening to the flute music, and just emptying my mind by just concentrating on my pen strokes.  No hurry, no planning, just the present moment.  Just the way I teach Zentangle.  I took a break from teaching this summer, and this made me realize that I do miss sharing that zen time with studentsHopefully, I get back in the swing of things soon!  Good challenge, Laura!


Yes, I tangle all over my blotter too!

TANGLES:  Fengle with aura's, Snail

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tile, and I love your bitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tile, Sue. I had forgotten about Rick's CD. Must pull that out, oh and some wine too LOL!

    ReplyDelete