Tuesday, August 11, 2015

More CanTangle

Yesterday I did a post on the CanTangle Retreat I attended in July in Regina, Canada.  It was a long post already, so I decided to write about it in a couple of posts. 

First off, I want to emphasize that I loved every class at this event and I thought all of the CZT's who taught were wonderful!  It was also wonderful meeting so many CZT's that I only knew online or through blogs.  The atmosphere was so positive, friendly, and kind!

I do have to admit that two of the reasons I wanted to attend were to meet CZT's, Margaret Bremner and Laura Harms, both from Canada.  I have been inspired by both of these ladies for a long time now, and wanted to meet them in person. 

I will start with Margaret Bremner of www.enthusiasticartist.blogspot.com.  A lot of us CZT's think of her as one of the "rock stars" of the zentangle world because her art is incredibly gorgeous and she shares so many wonderful tutorials on her blog.  I have followed her blog for years now and have always been so inspired by her work.  One of the things I have always loved are her house landscape pieces!  They are so whimsical, fun, charming, and full of details that Margaret is known for.   When I heard she was teaching her techniques for them, my decision to attend was set, I had to go.  The class was great and it reminded me of drawing classes I had taken many years ago, no planning, letting the paper speak to you about what it should be.  It definitely took me out of my comfort zone and I really didn't think I would like my piece, but I am happy with it, from where I started anyway.  I am anxious to try another one soon.  Here is my wonky little house landscape piece from class.  If you would like to see more of the pieces from our class take a look at this link. Thanks again, Margaret!

 
 



Then there is Laura Harms of www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com fame.  If you have been part of the Zentangle world for awhile chances are you have heard of the DIVA weekly challenges.  If not, click on the link and check it out.  I have been following the DIVA challenges since the beginning and according to Laura, I am one of the few people who has done them all.  She celebrated her 200th challenge in 1/2015 which I wrote about at this link., and she is on #230 this week!  I told her that I have told myself that I would quit at 100, 150, 200, well you get the picture, and she said if she can't quit, then I can't quit either, LOL!  We'll just see how long I last at this!  Kidding aside, it has been fun and inspiring to follow her blog for the challenges, her beautiful art, and to see the amazing Mom she is to her two little boys!  Great job, Laura...you have inspired a lot of people with your blog! 
 
She kicked off the retreat and her class was great She had all of us dancing in our chairs while we tangled and laughed.  We did 3 fun tiles and I am posting the one with a montangle of Diva Dance, the tangle named for her.  Not many people can say that! Thanks again, Laura!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments: