Friday, June 27, 2014

DIVA Challenge #173 Redux, Remix, Revisit your comfort tangle

This week's DIVA challenge is brought to us by CZT, Sharla Hicks.  Laura Harms is having a grand time at the 15th CZT seminar, lucky girl!  Some day I'd love to go back to another seminar, but for now I will dream about it!  On to the challenge.....my take on this was to take one or two of your comfort tangles and do something different with them.  I have so many comfort tangles, I wasn't sure which to use, so I picked Cadent and Printemps.  I decided to really mix it up and try lots of new things!  First, I used a tan tile with a red Micron 01 pen. Second, I didn't use a string  (really rare for me) and I just started doing Cadent in kind of a spiral, while making my dots different widths apart. Then I added some stripes and lines in each one. When it was time to add Printemps, the only thing I could think of to make them different was to "bigify" them.  Third, was to add watercolor pencil in red and orange and then use a water brush to spread out the color.  I got so into playing with the color, I almost forgot I started on a tan tile!  I have only used the sepia, black, and white on the tan tiles until this challenge.  While it's not one of my favorite tiles, I am posting it anyway because I enjoyed the challenge.  It got me to try new things and look at different ways of doing your comfort tangles.  Thanks, Sharla! 


8 comments:

  1. Sue, this is gorgeous, These are two of my favorite patterns, too. I love the red and orange combo and how you faded the color to the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tile is so much, Fun. Great use of your chosen patterns, and the color shading gives it such a minty fresh appearance. Well done, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really great! It shouts out: Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this so very much; the tangles and also the color, well done Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful vibrant colors. Very, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibrant colors. Like the cadent variation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of a type of mushroom that grows on tree trunks...layered and sort of ruffly. And I love the colors! makes my eyes happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I love your use of color! It is a fantastic tile!

    ReplyDelete