Saturday, October 6, 2012

Challenge 89: UMT-Sankegg

It's the first week of the month, so that means the challenge from our DIVA is a UMT (use my tangle) challenge.  This week the tangle is SANKEGG, from Maria Vennekens/CZT from the Netherlands.  It is a tricky little tangle that takes a bit of concentration.  I grabbed a pre-strung tile and thought it would look cool in a spiral, but it had other plans.  I just couldn't get it to go around in a curve.  What a great example of ignoring the string and just going with the tangle.  I always tell my students not to let the string inhibit you, but use it as a starting point and if your tangle finds you going outside the string...so be it!  Sometimes my zentangles look nothing like the string I start with...how fun is that!  Thanks Maria, for another fun tangle and Laura, for another fun challenge. 


7 comments:

  1. This tile is sooooooooo beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockets, space ships and satellite dishes, it is from outer space. Super tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Sue, this has a wonderful free style, Sankegg spinning away, weeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! It is a dramatic tile, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tile. It has "motion".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me think of a spinning fan.....it is really a wonderful way to use sankegg in a tile!

    ReplyDelete