Thursday, May 17, 2012

Challenge #70 Sepia

This week the one and only Diva, Laura Harms has challenged us to use the color Sepia in our work.  I have discovered that just like any other color, Sepia pens come in a lot of varied shades.  The 1st tile I did is from a Sepia Micron Pen set.  I found that this shade of Sepia was so dark, it almost looked like the black pen I used.  To lighten it up some, I shaded with a brown colored pencil.  Then I found a brown Micron Pen and used that for my second tile.  I found that to be more the shade of Sepia that I was looking for.  Again, I shaded with a brown colored pencil.  I spent time the last 3 days, shopping for plants, and filling spots in the yard and flower pots, while Doug planted the garden.  We both love, love, love, this time of year and making our world a little more beautiful with plants! 








11 comments:

  1. Very cool. Your shading gives the piece an amazing 3d look.

    Great Tangles! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very intricately beautiful tiles with just the perfect use of sepia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely combination of patterns. I always like your tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your design Sue. The negative spacing in your second one creates a lovely airyness and freedom .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic choice of tangles.
    Both tiles are beautiful, great shading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both very pretty, the second one my fav! You are right, i thought i had a good "brown" but it was so dark chocolate you couldn't tell it from black, so went to buy another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work in both tiles. I love, love, love the second tile. It has a wonderful feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love everything about your second tile. It has a great feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shading on Rouche. Lovely drawings on this tile.

    ReplyDelete