Thursday, February 17, 2011

Challenge #9 Artoo

This is my attempt at challenge #9 from Laura Harms, I Am The Diva's blog.  To link to her blog just use the button posted on the right hand side of this blog.  Anyone can join these challenges and they have been a lot of fun.  This week  Laura's family (and all of us) are celebrating that her little baby, Artoo (online name) is home from the hospital.  YEA!  I am sure we all breathed a sigh of relieve for Laura, I know I did.  While in the hospital, Laura created a new tangle she named after her baby, Artoo.  I started out and planned to draw a lot of Artoo buds but after I drew the first two, it looks so much to me like a mother and baby cuddled up together, that I didn't want to do any more, and I put in the Verdigogh instead.  I don't use color very often, but couldn't resist the baby blue for little Artoo! 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is sweet. What a lovely thought to send Artoo's way.

    And I like how you used Artoo with Pokeroot (I think that's the name). They work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - I love that particular colour of aqua and it looks so delicious in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say that this is a fabulous design and I love the touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm partial to turquoise too and I love the mom and baby artoos!
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this beautiful tangle – longing for life and care. The little blue accent is eye-catching. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sue - this is really special. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Very sweet and love the touch of color. Your shading is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, love the momma and baby with that lovely touch of color. Amazing how a few well placed strokes can express so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww - wonderful Sue - love the touch of baby blue for little artoo! The whole zentangle emits such sweetness and gentleness - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is just so beautiful and sweet. i see exactly what you mean about a mama and baby being cuddled.

    ReplyDelete