Wednesday, September 28, 2016

DIVA Challenge 286 Straight to It

 
This week's challenge is to use only straight lines on your tile. You can use tangles that have only straight lines, or take a tangle that has curvy lines and make it straight. This is harder then it would seem, and it made me realize just how much I do use curvy lines. I decided to make Auraknot with all straight lines (which was hard to do) and then around it I made Printemps (as round a tangle as I could think of) and made it with all straight lines. Good challenge, but bring back the curvy line!
 
 


12 comments:

  1. I love it! Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really courageous, Auraknot with straight lines and it came out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful composition with amazing Auraknot & beautiful shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tile and I like the straight line Printemps! way to think outside of the box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tile! It's very 3-D. I posted our TTP collaboration on my blog this week. Thanks again for swapping;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Sue! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Auraknot with all the angles - that must have been a real challenge! And oh my… Printemps in the square is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shading it has a nice depth. I like the square Printemps aka ambler / emmingle variant too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how this tile turned out. Great commposition & I love the way you thought outside the square.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative and fun, Sue. Love the tangles you chose to set straight! I think you won :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your level of concentration on this tile. All your lines look so evenly spaced!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tile! Like your Printemps in squares!

    ReplyDelete