Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finding More Shade

As I watch the evening news each night, I see that a lot of the country is in a heat wave.  Here in Colorado I think this is around our 15th day of 90 (plus) degree weather.  I don't want to complain too much though because we don't have the high humidity that a lot of you have on top of the heat.  We have also had some really incredible thunderstorms with awesome lightning displays that light up the sky.  Anyway, if and when you go out,  it leaves one searching for some shade, shade, and more shade.  So how does that relate to Zentangle?   Shading....   I find shading a hard thing to teach.  I think it is really something that you have to practice a lot on and hopefully you get better and better as you go.  I always tell my students to start out with a little, because you can always add more and more.  Hopefully, you do practice adding more and more.  I have recently been trying that myself and I am finding that when I do shade more I am liking the results.  It definitely gives more dimension to my work.   So, don't be afraid to shade and if you can find a shady spot under a tree, tangle outside! 

1 comment:

  1. When you shade, what do you use to blend/smooth out the pencil?

    ReplyDelete