Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Congratulations U.S. Army Ranger-Justin De'Leon

Our family had quite the celebration here in Colorado last weekend, and what a Mother's Day for my sister, Joanne. Her son, my nephew, Justin De'Leon earned the U.S. Army Ranger tab after successfully completing the Ranger course.  The U. S. Army Ranger School is an extremely intense 61-day combat leadership course.  It has been called the "toughest combat course in the world" and "is the most physically and mentally demanding leadership school the Army has to offer".  Two of my siblings live in Colorado and two of my sisters and one of my brothers came out from Wisconsin to join in the celebration, so 6 out of the 7 of us were together (which doesn't happen often).  Joanne and her husband Tim, Justin's dad, had a really nice BBQ on Mother's Day in Justin's honor with family and their close friends.  I couldn't pass this occasion without making Justin a zentangle inspired art piece. 






But wait, that's not all!!!  The next day, Justin got engaged to his high school sweetheart, Julie.  Congratulations, Justin and Julie! 

 As you head to Germany next week, and then are deployed to Afghanistan, know that you will be in all our thoughts and prayers.  May God bless you and keep you safe.  We are all so proud of you! 



7 comments:

  1. Know you must be very proud of your nephew. He must be the cream of the crop to complete his ranger qualifications. Thank him for serving his country for me. My son just got back from Afghanistan. The prayers really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Sue and yes, you must be so proud. I will keep Justin & Julie in my thoughts also. Wishing them a LONG and happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece to honor Justin! Now you can start on one for the wedding ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers and congratulations to Justin and Julie! Fabulous ZIA Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessed time you shared! And how lovely that you could share your art with Justin in celebration of his achievement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sue - this is an awesome tribute to Justin! Your tangle was way awesome!! I'm so glad I could be there to celebrate with everyone!

    Love,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Priscilla, I am so glad you were here too! Thanks also to all of you who left comments before blogger deleted the post. When they restored it, they did not restore the comments.

    ReplyDelete