Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Margs Anyone?



This is a wooden tray that I did a zendala on with two Egyptian borders. The borders are from Sandy Steen Bartholomew's book, "Totally Tangled". This is a great book with a lot of ideas and tangle patterns. For more info, see her website at http://beezinkstudio.com/ I posted two views so that you could see the whole tray. I had some tangles on the outside that I really didn't like and you can't remove from the wood, so my husband suggested painting it a shiny black. He also did some shading with a wood stain on the borders and leaves before he applied the polyurethane. Thanks, Doug!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Sue, this is gorgeous. I love the shading with wood stain. How cool that you guys both had a part in this fun creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really nice work of art. Thanks for the tip on using the wood stain for shading. I've woodburned in some shading on a couple of pieces but will have to try the stain next time. It really adds to this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool. I'm going to have to try a zentangle on something besides paper. Looks like fun. And it also looks like it's time for a margarita! Love the glasses. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! What a wonderful idea! ~Donna Hornsby (CZT #3 in North Texas)

    ReplyDelete