Tuesday, October 7, 2014

To Every Season.....Turn, Turn, Turn

There is something so wonderful about being able to grab a pre-strung zendala tile without having to think about the planning that goes into a mandala.  Before we went to Idaho last month for a couple of weeks, I put two of the tan zendala tiles in my Zentangle bag in hopes I would get a chance to get them done.

As I wrote earlier, we were there to move my father-in-law out of his home of 54 years. I got the chance to do the first one on a beautiful afternoon, when Kermit and my husband, Doug decided to take a time out.  I am not a nap person, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to tangle.  I got a lawn chair and set it up in the drive way in front of the garage, which has always been the place to relax, gather with others, read a book, etc. over the years.  I wanted to keep this trip full of positive energy, so as I tangled, I thought of all the good times I have had in this spot.........when we were dating, first married, bringing the kids here for years when they were little, and later as they grew, all the family reunions and watching everyone's family grow, and of course those no longer with us....Dora (my mother-in-law), and Darla (my sister-in-law).  I have been so blessed to have so many great times here, sharing moments of laughter, food, and just the joy of being together with those I love! 

I did the second zendala yesterday at home, when I was in the mood to just do lines.  No patterns to think about, just filling the spaces with line work.   Yes, these pre-strung tiles are great to just pick up when the mood strikes and fill in with whatever you are feeling in the moment!






 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Both beautiful. And I know what you mean about line work, it's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tiles will always be special for you and remind you of the warm family memory's. They deserve a special place.
    Both are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete