Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DIVA Challenge #161 Quandary

This week's challenge from the DIVA is to do a tile with the tangle pattern Quandary.  Two of the tangles that I have problems with are Quandary and Tripoli.  I start off okay, but then the pattern always seems to get a little wonky and off course.  For this challenge, I divided my tile into 3 sections and decided to do different sizes of seeds. Because of this, each section doesn't match up exactly but I finally got the flow of the triangles within each section.  I found that it really helped me to make the first triangle and then put a dot down for where I wanted to start the 2nd one, and so on.  This way I was able to keep a pretty uniform pattern going.  This challenge really helped me to not be in a quandary over Quandary! 


10 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Sue - there's a lot of life and movement here and the colours are my favourites. Love it! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tile of Quandary. Thanks for sharing your tip on how you do it. It is especially nice on the tan tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think you did a great job. I like the white highlights. Like your variation in size. Could tell from looking at this that you have trouble with this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Quandary and I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great variations of Quandary and it makes a beautiful tile.
    Quandary and Tripoly are so much like each other, that sometimes I have to take a very good look witch one is used in a tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love this tangle on tan. You did a beautiful job creating so much variety and depth with one pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tile with Quandary is beautiful! I really like your variations! Wonderful setting of highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love your tile! The color is nice and the balance of the different variations is especially great. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    Happy tangling,
    Jacque
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your variations this has made a super zia.

    ReplyDelete