Friday, November 15, 2013

DIVA Challenge #144 A Bug's Life

This week's challenge from the DIVA is a fun little change of pace.  CZT Samantha Taylor made this really cute video for Sakura (maker of the micron pens).  Great job, Sam!

 

Our challenge is to use this video as inspiration and in the DIVA's own words:

Use colour to bring a  Zentangle tile to life!
Camouflage a bug somewhere in the tile. (i.e. a drawing of a bug, a bug-shaped tangle pattern, etc.) Create a tile inspired by nature!
Shade your tile using some colour!

I remembered my own tangle pattern BWS (black widow spider) see the step-outs here, so I used that in the middle and then just started hiding some fun little bugs in the other spaces.  I wish I would have taken a photo prior to adding color because it was kind of hard to pick them out in black and white

Fun challenge and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else did with this!



 



5 comments:

  1. Sue, your tile is great. Lively and fun and beautifully done. Love the Printemp pilla' and who doesn't love a lady bug. Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Especially I like your green Printemps caterpillar! BWS is so lovely. I must try it! Very creative piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I wondered what that tangle in the middle was . . . can't wait to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Sue!!! I love the colors you used, especially at the right top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete