Sunday, August 28, 2011

New Tangle "BWS"

While we were busy painting the outside of our house the past 2 weeks (finally done-yea!) I noticed all the spider webs we had to clear out in corners and under eaves. I also noticed that when you went back to the same spot a day later, another web was already being formed. They are busy little creatures. So, as I was doing this I was being careful about where I put my hands because a few times (2 or 3 over 16 years, so not many) when working in the flower garden or in the garage, I have seen black widow spiders which have a venom that is extremely potent. I didn't know until I looked it up that their venom is 15 times more potent than that of a rattlesnake. Next I was thinking about the hourglass marker the females have on the underside of their abdomen and then I started thinking about a tangle. Rick and Maria told us in CZT class, and I pass along in my classes, that some of the best tangles can be found in nature. If you have been tangling for some time, you know that you see patterns everywhere. I am not sure if it is just me, or do you sometimes wonder what the world was like prior to deconstructing everything into a zentangle pattern? LOL! So after playing with this spider shape (8 legs) for a couple days, I came up with a simple tangle that has lots of possibilities for variations and can look really different and not at all like a black widow spider when drawn in a grid. I had several different names, but settled on BWS (black widow spider) for ease of remembering it. I hope you have fun tangling you own webs!

Click to enlarge




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting deconstruction and observation. Not to mention a cool looking tangle. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a wonderful tangle with so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete