Monday, September 2, 2013

Fish's Pub

My brother, Steve lives in Wisconsin and has a really cool little bar, pool table, darts, and hang-out area in his basement. He DJ's on the side, and his sound system is great!  Our last name being Fischer, we all had the nickname Fish at one time or another while we were growing up.  The ceiling going down the steps has a slant to it and he asked me if I could make some kind of Zentangle poster.  Instead of a poster, I decided to use wood letters that were already painted white and had what I thought was a neat design to them.  I found them at Hobby Lobby.  I then found a beer mug shape online and my husband, Doug cut it out for me in wood.  I painted and tangled it along with all the letters (I used a Sakura IdentiPen). On our trip there, early in August, we hung it up.  I was really happy with how it turned out, and so was Steve



He also has this piece hanging behind the bar that I made him in 2010, shortly after I got out of CZT class.  Love spreading the zentangle joy with my family!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sue! So glad you added the second picture for scale, it makes it just more awesome to see how big it is.

    ReplyDelete