Thursday, December 30, 2010

Challenge #2

This is my contribution to challenge #2 from Laura Harms.  This was the first time I tried doing the double pencil to make a string.  I found this challege a little harder then I thought it would be.  The first tile I did, the tangled string was pretty, but then I tangled so much around it that the string was kind of lost.   Normally when we tangle, we lose the string in the process, but with the double string it makes a beautiful place to tangle that we don't want to lose it the process.  I love the look of the double string, and have enjoyed seeing everyone's, so I will have to play with this a little more. 

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! It´s nice how the string embraces the tangles in the loops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I especially like the loop in the upper right and how Flux overlaps the 'ribbon' just below it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design the string makes and the feel of movement; very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plain stripe that you've used in places in the two sting areas and how all your tangles are contained within the loops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I like the clean look of this tangle, and how one of your Ennies doesn't quite fit and how you continued the dark area outwards to the next spaces giving your string more emphasis.

    ReplyDelete