Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Commissioned Piece for Law Student Graduation Gift

In April, I was commissioned by a very nice lady, JoAnne, to create to a piece for her nephew who was graduating from law school in May.  She wanted the scales of justice to be prominent, his initials, the college, and year of graduation to be "hidden" in the tangling. 

I used an Opus tile to do the piece with the traditional black Micron pen to tangle with.  I used embedded letters for his initials and hid the school and year in the end of the gavel. I also did a tangled border to frame the piece.

The client framed it by putting in on a piece of 12x12 card stock and in a 12x12 frame.  Her and her husband loved the piece and said that her nephew did also.  He kept looking at all the different things in the tangling and looked up my website right away. 

I really enjoyed doing this piece and was so grateful to hear that they all loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment