Sunday, May 21, 2017

Alcohol Inks in my kitchen

After living in our house for 23 years we decided it was time to give our kitchen an update. Not a total make over because the cabinets are still in good shape.  We had the Formica counter tops replaced with granite, a new sink & faucet, and also tile from the counter tops up to the cabinets.  The tile we picked is an off white/cream subway tile.  We were going to buy new switch plates when I had the idea of trying to paint the old ones with alcohol inks, which I'd seen on Pinterest. I am new to the inks, but have had a lot of fun experimenting with tiles and Yupo paper.  I kind of have a Tuscan style decor in the kitchen (my house is not fancy but more funky) so I tried to stay with that for the switch plates.  This was fun and I love how they look on the tile!  









1 comment: