Wednesday, October 19, 2016

DIVA Challenge 289 Leafy Goodness

This week's challenge is a Fall/Autumn theme of doing something with leaves.  Like last week's challenge, I decided to use color since this season is so full of beautiful colors.  We had a CZT play date several week's ago at my house and one of the things we did was to play with alcohol inks.  I had never tried them before and I really enjoyed experimenting with them.  The colors are so vibrant and the textures and blending are so awesome.  So I decided to use these to create my 3 leaves. I did this on Yupo paper (a shiny non porous paper) that works well with alcohol inks.  The colors were so pretty, I almost didn't want to tangle on them! 



Prior to tangling



CZT Art Day alcohol ink play


8 comments:

  1. your leaves are gorgeous - I love the colours and the tangles :-) Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the colors are spectacular!
    Beautiful work Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed beautiful colors, with and without tangles on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your colors as well as how well the tangles you chose fit into your string lines. I love playing with alcohol inks too and guess I need to try to find some Yupo to play on. Thank you for sharing...looks like the whole group had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are really striking. And I think your tangling actually enhances the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The bold and warm colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete