Tangled Ink Art

Tangled Ink Art
"CREATIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS, PASS IT ON" Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Workshop on ZenGems and Zenspirations Monogram Letters

This past Sunday I had 6 lovely ladies join me for an all day workshop.  In the morning we made the Zen Gems that have been all the rage in the Zentangle community for awhile now.  We made them on Bijou tiles (2x2") and tangled around them.  I gave everyone a cute little 2.5x2.5 photo cube to put their gems in and gave them a few other ideas on adding gems to note cards.  They did amazing work for their first time trying this technique


All the beautiful gems!
 
Bijou Gem tile mounted on a note card
Note card with Bijou Gem tile & a regular size tile with border
What a fun group of ladies that I have had the pleasure to get to know through several classes and workshops!  (I jumped in the picture too)
 
Bijou Gem tile mounted on regular tile with border
Mounted with mounting square to give it a 3D look





After lunch we worked on creating Zenspirations Monogram Letters.  These are letters that were created by Joanne Fink (who gave me permission to teach her technique).  I used Joanne's wonderful book Zenspirations Letters and Patterning as a reference. 
Again, I thought everyone did wonderful work for their first time trying this technique!
 
 


All the beautiful letters!
(sorry for the slightly out of focus shot with too much light)


Before everyone came, I made their first initial for each of them as an example to refer to and gift, along with a mini easel to display it on. 
 
 
Fun to add the bling too!


I also went high-tech!  I have taught classes from the easel for 5 years now and was more then ready for a change.  I used my iPad as a document camera and attached it to a flat screen TV with a HDMI cable. Thanks to Sue Sharp/CZT for helping me figure out how to set this up after I saw the idea on her blog!  It worked like a charm and the students thought it was great!  So happy to have this new (to me) way of teaching! 
 


I loved giving out new tools for everyone to try and take home; tiles, pens, markers, cubes, mini-easels, art, etc. I did a gel pen drawing give away too.  We had good food, laughter, and a very enjoyable time together.  All in all, the all day workshop was a success and everyone had fun!  Thanks again, ladies!  You make my job fun too! 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a wonderful class Sue, gorgeous gems and love the Zenspiration Initials. Beautiful work by all!

    ReplyDelete