Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Diva Challenge #115 Earth Day

In celebration of Earth Day, this week's DIVA challenge is to do a tile or zendala with whatever Earth Day means to you.  Laura talks about how last year she was cleaning out flower beds at this time,  but this year the yard is covered in snow.  I can relate to that....we got another 2-3 inches yesterday, after the 19 total we got over 3 days last week.  Unlike Canada though, ours should melt pretty quick and the forecast is calling for 70 this weekend-YAY!  Springtime is hopefully right around the corner

Just like any other tile or zendala, I had no idea what I was going to do when I sat down.  I knew I wanted plants or flowers (dreaming of spring).   I started in the center with Poke Root and just continued out from there.  When I added Scroll Feather it felt like waves in an ocean and that was when I decided to use my Tombow markers for color.

Happy Earth Day and happy spring yard clean-up and planting! 





14 comments:

  1. Really like this. The color and the presentation of the tangles is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Sue. The colors are fabulous and the black is so striking! Your Scroll Feather is perfect...that one gives me pause. I have to really concentrate on each step. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is vibrant. Great colors. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of colors are great. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has sprung with delight, I love the design, tangle choice and colour in your Zendala Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colours and tangling are beautiful. Hooray for spring, It is such a wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing, vivid, and graceful display of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors and tangles in your zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly wonderful! Love your choice of colour and choice of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this! The sea, earth and stars in the sky. Lovley colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tile the colors and tangles are yummy. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This should win a poster or logo contest! I can't stop looking at it. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour in this, my favourite part is the sea. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete