Friday, January 28, 2011

White No More

While fixing up a small room in our basement as a Zentangle classroom, we needed to cover the ceiling pipes and wires with some white panel board.  When we were done we had a couple of extra end pieces.  Of course, I can't look at anything white now without wanting to tangle it!  This piece is approx.  2 3/4 ft by 4 ft and is now hanging on one of the walls.  I used black sharpie markers, and for shading I used a silver marker (that doesn't show up very well in the photos).   It was really fun, doing something so large.......maybe I'll have to try one of the other left over pieces of tile board.

  
                              
                                                   

11 comments:

  1. Very cool! I can't imagine drawing any larger than the 3 1/2 tile size. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. No doubt your students will enjoy seeing where Zentangle can be taken, if they want. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I've been thinking about doing a large piece too. I have my eye on a door across from where I sit in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at "I can't look at anything white now without wanting to tangle it!"

    Beautiful tangling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this piece and I agree...white is just aching for tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, and excellent large format zentangle inspired art! It will be a wonderful inspiration to your students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! It was useful in the last two classes I had, I was able to point out examples of tangles I was teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, absolutely fabulous, I think the large pieces are great for stretching and expanding tangles from one to another.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Tebrik ederim... (Congratulations)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice - what a great idea. I like that you can use them for teaching as well - I am always looking for efficiency but it doesn't usually translate on the art side as well as your boards do.

    ReplyDelete