Tangled Ink Art

Tangled Ink Art
"CREATIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS, PASS IT ON" Albert Einstein

Friday, January 4, 2013

Tangle*A*Day Calendar 2013 (Jan 1-3)

I love the new Tangle*A*Day Calendar from Carole Ohl at Open Seed Arts!  The paper is an off-white color this year (♥) and still nice and heavy to tangle on as in the past (without getting bleed- through).  The past couple of years I started out really gung-ho with the calendar and try to do something every day or at least each week, but somewhere along the line as the months go by, I use it less and less and I'm not sure why.  It's me, I get too busy with other projects, teaching classes, etc. and my poor little calendar that I love sits on my desk begging to be opened, along with a couple of journals.  Half of last years 2012 is empty, but I will never throw it away!  Oh no, it is still great for practicing in even if the days have pasted.  I keep them as journals that I can still use and look back on, which is always fun to do, to see how your style has changed and how much you have grown as an artist. 

Speaking of growing....I gave up some time ago trying to keep up with all of the new tangle patterns that come out every week.  I usually print out the ones I like and put them in a 3 ring binder.  I now have 3 binders and refuse to start a 4th!  I have seen some really great tangle organization plans, but I don't think I have it in me to catalog them all....maybe some day.  Thank goodness for Linda Farmer at Tangle Patterns, and Genevieve Crabe's Weekly Roundup's or I would miss so many of them....you ladies ROCK! 

If you are still with me, I decided this year to try and use my calendar to try out a new tangle every day or maybe for a couple of days, at least that's what I am going to start out doing. :)  They may not be new tangles, but they will be ones that I never tried before (and there are lots of those).  Even though I get the new tangle emails and the PDF from Tangle Patterns and the Weekly Roundup each week, I have time to look at them, but don't practice doing them and I am a hands on learner so I am hoping this will be a way for me to discover more patterns to use.  If nothing else, I should have a great little journal of patterns and not another 3 ring binder!  No more printing patterns, so I will be saving paper too.  I may not post them every 3 days, but will try to post them often.  Who knows, you may see one that you missed over the years too and give it a try! 

Tangles: Miander, Kabbidge, Afreeka

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue! You're right about the avalanche of new patterns, it's hard to keep up. I still have plans to put most of them in my Tangle Organizers, but for now they're all in photo albums I can access on my iPhone and now my iPad.

    ReplyDelete